The Tuck India Learning Expedition 2012 blog is devoted to chronicling the experiences of the trip participants. Learning Expeditions are half-term elective courses that combine pre-travel readings and company research with in-the-field international business exposure and networking.
The trips are led by a member of the Tuck faculty, and this trip is led by Anant Sundaram, Visiting Professor of Business Administration.
Benefits of LEs include:
- Access to the people and organizations shaping the global business environment
- Cultural experiences carefully designed by local experts
- Opportunity to gain a global business perspective
Pre-Learning Expedition Work
Before embarking on the India LE, the students were asked to brush up on their Indian history and current events.
- Watch the six part PBS documentary The Story of India
- Read The Economist’s Special Report on India (September 29th, 2012) titled “Aim Higher“
- Reflect on why they are partaking in this LE and their goals for the trip